Technician Installation & Service Appointments
Learn how to schedule, manage, and prepare for a visit with an Optimum Technician.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Here are some recommended steps to try before scheduling an appointment:
- Check our outage map
- Try a quick reset of your equipment by unplugging it from the power source, waiting 30 seconds and plugging it back in
If the performance issues continue, hable con nosotros to arrange an appointment.
Suscríbase to receive appointment reminders. These reminders give you the option to cancel or reschedule.
How do I manage and stay informed about my appointment (cancel/reschedule)?
On the day of your appointment, our technician will call when they are on their way.
There are different possible fees and charges associated with each appointment type.
Will I be charged for my appointment?
For installations and appointments to restart service, payment may be requested when you are scheduling your appointment with a sales representative.
Vea nuestras pricing and packages for additional services and charges.
How long will the appointment take?
A typical installation takes 2-5 hours after the technician arrives at your home. Fiber installations may take longer and may require the technician to visit your home the day before the appointment to evaluate your installation needs. You do not need to be home for this pre-assessment.
Citas de servicio
Service appointments typically take between 1-3 hours depending on the amount of work required to identify and resolve the issue.
Will the technician install/repair all devices and equipment for me?
Our technicians will install:
- Optimum provided Internet equipment (modem, router, Gateway and Extender)
- Optimum provided TV equipment (cable boxes, cable cards and Stream)
Our technicians will not install/repair:
- Customer-owned Internet equipment (such as modems, Gateways, etc.)
- 3rd party devices (such as streaming devices, Tivo, etc.)
- Apple TV
It is also important to note we will not guarantee service or support regarding technical issues unless it is an Optimum modem or router.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
To be ready for your appointment, please be sure that:
- Alguien de 18 años o más estará presente durante la visita
- All gates and fences are unlocked as the technician may need to access the inside and outside of your home
- All your equipment (cable boxes, modems, etc.) and own devices are in your home at the time of the visit, so our technicians can confirm everything is working before they leave
- All pets are secured while the technician is in your home
- All cable outlets are accessible
- TVs that are connected or will be connected to our service and their entertainment centers are at least three to five feet away from the wall
- The technician can easily access the location where the cable is coming into your home
- All potential hazards are removed from pathways in and out of the home, such as clutter, unsecured wires, snow and ice
What if I am not home when the technician arrives?
Once you schedule an appointment, you will need to be home during the time window. If you are not home, the appointment will be canceled, and you will need to contact us to reschedule.
Service appointment fees may be charged for missed appointments.
What should I expect during my appointment?
- The technician will call, or text you if you are signed up for text alerts, when they are on their way and arrive within the scheduled appointment window
- Upon arrival, the technician will verify the appointment request reason and services that are scheduled to be completed - all technicians have a company issued ID and will show you upon request
- The technician will assess the environment and decide if the work needs to be completed inside or outside your home
- For an installation, pick where you want the technician to install the outlets
- We strongly recommend that you set up your ID de Optimum and password during your appointment -xf ask your technician for assistance if needed
- The technician will verify that all services are working upon completion of the appointment
What should I expect after my appointment?
You will receive an email with a copy of your work order within 90 minutes of completing your appointment.
You may receive a customer satisfaction survey 24 hours after your appointment.
Customers Installation Appointments
1En Sapphire, Carolina del Norte, la instalación de Premium Fiber se ofrece a $200.00. No se ofrece instalación estándar.