Technician Installation Appointments
Learn how to schedule, manage, and prepare for a visit with an Optimum Technician.
How do I schedule an appointment?
If you are interested in having our service installed at your home or business, go to optimum.com o llame al our sales department.
How do I manage and stay informed about my appointment (cancel/reschedule)?
Puede manage your appointment o Contáctenos for assistance anytime.
Will I be charged for my appointment?
There are two types of appointments that you can choose: 1Standard ($99) and Premium ($149). Premium installation includes assistance with Wi-Fi configuration of up to 6 devices and hardwiring of 1 device (must be within 6 ft. of primary data equipment). Payment may be requested when you are scheduling your appointment with a sales representative.
How long will the appointment take?
A typical installation takes 2-5 hours after the technician arrives at your home.
Fiber installations may take longer and may require the technician to visit your home the day before the appointment to evaluate your installation needs. You do not need to be home for this pre-assessment.
Will the technician install all equipment and assist with device set up?
Depending on the type of installation selected (standard vs premium):
Our technicians will install and set up:
- Optimum provided Internet equipment (modem/router/gateway/Xtend)
- Optimum provided TV equipment (cable boxes, cable cards and Stream)
Our technicians will not install and set up:
How do I prepare for my appointment?
To be ready for your appointment, please be sure that:
- Alguien de 18 años o más estará presente durante la visita
- All gates and fences are unlocked as the technician may need to access the inside and outside of your home
- All your equipment (cable boxes, modems, etc.) and own devices are in your home at the time of the visit, so our technicians can confirm everything is working before they leave
- All pets are secured while the technician is in your home
- All cable outlets are accessible
- TVs that are connected or will be connected to our service and their entertainment centers are at least three to five feet away from the wall
- The technician can easily access the location where the cable is coming into your home
What if I am not home when the technician arrives?
Once you schedule an appointment, you will need to be home during the time window. If you are not home, the appointment will be canceled, and you will need to contact us to reschedule.
What should I expect during my appointment?
- The technician will call you when they are on their way and arrive within the scheduled appointment window
- Upon arrival, the technician will verify the appointment request reason and services that are scheduled to be completed - all technicians have a company issued ID and will show you upon request
- The technician will assess the environment and decide if the work needs to be completed inside or outside your home
- For an installation, pick where you want the technician to install the outlets
- We strongly recommend that you set up your ID de Optimum and password during your appointment – ask your technician for assistance if needed
- The technician will verify that all services are working upon completion of the appointment
What should I expect after my appointment?
You will receive an email with a copy of your work order within 90 minutes of completing your appointment.
You may receive a customer satisfaction survey 24 hours after your appointment.
Conocer about all the COVID-19 precautions our technicians are taking to ensure the safety and health of you and your household.
1En Sapphire, Carolina del Norte, la instalación de Premium Fiber se ofrece a $200.00. No se ofrece instalación estándar.