Amenazas de Internet para su negocio pequeño
Today's always-on digital world means business Internet security is more important than ever. An ideal defense team is an IT department that not only enforces password protection software, but has hypervigilance for cyber threats are crucial lines of defense against cybercriminals. But for small businesses, that's a lot of staffing and software fees.
Secure Internet de Optimum Business includes DDoS attack and DNS attack protection as an integrated part of our service, ensuring you're well-guarded from a wide range of digital attacks.
Nuestro servicio de Internet tiene seguridad cibernética incorporada para que pueda estar tranquilo en un panorama digital cada vez más peligroso. Nunca se sabe cuándo se producirá un ataque malicioso, y una red segura es la primera línea de defensa de su negocio contra amenazas como malware y phishing.
Mantenga su negocio protegido 24/7/365 con Internet segura de Optimum Business.
What Is a DNS Attack?
First, what is a DNS? A DNS, or the domain name system, translates domain names that are readable by humans (i.e., www.espanol.optimum.com) to machine-readable IP addresses.
When a DNS attack occurs, the attacker corrupts a DNS server to redirect web traffic to a malicious website to collect personal information or initiate another attack. Attackers can do this by replacing a legitimate IP address in the server's cache with the IP of a rogue address.
Types of DNS Attacks
Cybercriminals use several DNS attacks to hack into your system. These are some of the most common types of DNS attacks.
- Domain hijacking changes your DNS servers and domain registrar, redirecting them from the original servers to new destinations.
- DNS flood attacks overload your server, preventing it from serving DNS requests.
- Distributed reflection denial of service (DRDoS) attacks overload your network with many bandwidth-consuming requests
- Cache poisoning involves injecting malicious data into your DNS resolvers’ cache to redirect Internet traffic.
- DNS tunneling encodes the data of other programs or protocols in DNS queries and responses.
- DNS hijack attack uses malware infections to hijack key system services.
What Is a DDoS Attack?
DDoS attack means distributed denial-of-service attack. Here, cybercriminals attempt to jam up your website with a flood of Internet traffic, rendering it useless and disrupting regular traffic. Compromised computer systems are often the source of attack traffic.
Types of DDoS Attacks
Different types of DDoS attacks target different elements of your Internet network, and they are classified according to the network connection layers they target. Here are common DDoS attacks.
- Volume-based attacks, sometimes called volumetric attacks, aim to control all available bandwidth between their target and the Internet.
- Protocol attacks aim to consume all available capacity of web servers or other resources, such as firewalls.
- Application-layer attacks occur when a server runs database queries to generate a web page, forcing the target’s server to handle more than it normally does.
How Optimum Protects Against Cyber Attacks
- Proactive detection Stop DDoS attacks before they even happen, the DDoS security system is actively detecting any potential threats to your network.
- Prompt mitigation Proactive monitoring means we catch attacks as they happen, so our DDoS security will be quick to act, and help ensure your network stays up and running properly.
- Ongoing insights We'll keep you informed with a monthly report that highlights the volume of attacks we've stopped across our network.
- Built-in DNS security protection Domain Name System (DNS) security ensures site validity, safe browsing, and an essential layer of network protection.
- Top Internet threat prevention Stop phishing and malware infections earlier, block botnets and other software that leverage your devices for malicious purposes, and prevent data exfiltration.
- Automatically blocks malicious sites If you attempt to access a site that is determined to be malicious you will be presented with a “block page.”
Ready to revolutionize the way you protect your enterprise? Reach out to Optimum Business today.
La seguridad incorporada brinda alertas de seguridad para ayudarlo a identificar posibles amenazas en línea. No identifica todos los sitios maliciosos ni evita todos los malware y virus, y puede ser omitida por el suscriptor. El suscriptor es responsable de mantener la seguridad de cualquier dispositivo conectado a la red de Optimum.